David Long Architects offer a comprehensive sustainability design and consultation service for homeowners, businesses and developers. This ranges from small scale improvements to total refurbishments incorporating the latest sustainable technologies.
The services and skills we offer cover the following:
- Design solutions incorporating simple and straightforward methods such as upgrading insulation, installing more efficient heating systems, and using passive ventilation and thermal mass to improve the energy performance of your home, reducing utility bills and increasing the value of your property. These improvements can either be standalone but usually incorporated within other improvements and reorganization of properties.
- We work collaboratively with sustainability consultantsto develop
more complex solutions incorporating
technologies such as ground source heat pumps, heat
exchangers, biomass boilers etc.
- Preparation of Site Development Strategy andDevelopment Brief
- Managing the development of existing buildings andconverting them
into ‘Low Carbon Workspaces’. This is
a highly successful process which unlocks significant
value from existing buildings – making them highly
marketable for both renting and selling.
- Advice on the range of grants and tax breaksavailable from
the Government for the installationof sustainable technologies.
- Designs which incorporate sustainable materials,low
embodied energy and flexibility for future use.